The rest of Ko Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
October 19th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The day after the elephant trek we decided we would rent a moped out and travel around the island. The place is seriously beautiful. Ended up in a fishing village that had shops on the water and even sold doughnuts!! As usual when we rent motorbikes we ran out of petrol and were stranded on the road side. Walked to a guys house who wouldnt hear of giving me directions to get some gas. He jumped on his motorbike and took me to the garage and then back to the bike. He refused any money or free petrol and just said welcome to Thailand - brilliant!!! That night was a few bruskies etc etc....(the nights are a blur over here, dont have a clue what day it is!!).

The next day we went diving. The dive school we chose was run by a no bull shit New Yorker who was cool. He just had a hip replacment but was still lugging gear around while the Thai workers just stood and watched. Me and another American kept trying to help him. Our Divemaster was a brazilian called Angelo was really nice bloke. He lives on the island and just dives and takes aerial photos in his plane for a living. Nice life!! The dives were good apart from being stung to bits by Jelly fish tenticles all the time. Seen some cool fish but the whale shark alluded us which pissed me off but melissa was chuffed it was nowhere to be seen.

Again the next day was driving around the island. We vistied some free waterfalls(the waterfalls around the tourist zones were a tenner). Had to walk through the jungle to get to a waterfall and got eaten alive by ants. Seen a little snake which was pretty cool aswell. Got some beautiful Indian food that night. The food on the island is mainly western and when you order Thai food it seems to be really lazily cooked so isnt worth it.

So Ko chang is done and now were back on the road heading to Cambodia to do some backpacking. Think i may arrive back here some time!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



19th October 2007

You look fantastic on your lovely pink bike! Ko Chang looks gorgeous, defo have to pay a visit there someday
28th October 2007

hi how are you both i miss you a lot im enjoying looking at the pictures there great from lauren gilbert love you so much write back

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb