Thailand: Bangkok, Ko Chang and Elephants


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 15th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Landed in homely Thailand and glad to be here. We knew we were soon to be very drunk and beefed up. Headed straight to Kao San Road(traveller central) and like proper losers, we didnt even leave the street for 3 days!! Got very drunk the first night and saw a cool thai rock band. The next few days was a binge of living it up in the D n D Inn and feasting on Subway and Burger King. And after 5 weeks a eating everything and anything in India which was fantastic we managed to get food poisioning in Bangkok. It was street food at 4am that we had that did it. Melissa must have a steal stomach cos she wasnt half as bad as me.

Next day we had to take it easy but after that it was off to the Islands again on the promise of sun, sea, diving and to see some elephants. Only took 5 hours and a 20 min ferry journey to reach Ko Chang on the Cambodian border. Had a choice of beaches but ended up on White Sand beach and were glad we did. There are a lot of Thai tourists which is great, more the merrier as there just the nicest, friendliest and most genuine people i have ever met. After some searching we got a nice little hut literally on the beach.
That night we met some Aussies and got seriously drunk on some whiskey buckets, 3 to be exact. We were in bits the next day. Had to take it easy the next night as we were still suffering from the dodgy food, who would have a thought cheap rice whiskey wouldnt help your stomach!!!

Went for an elephant trek which was pretty cool. Our elephant Sunshine was a nice one cos the others were having rows and knocking into eachother. The drivers gave them some hard whacks but explained its because they are young and act the maggot a lot. In fairness if you dont have them under control they'll kill ya in a second. Had to believe how strong they are although its obvious, when i was riding on his head every time the elephant turnied his head he nearly squashed my leg with its ears. Never heard a noise as loud as that roar, it was unbelievable and me and melissa were shitting it. Then we got to feed them and give them a scrubbing down by the river which was cool. The best part was is that it looks like they are treated well and you could see the elephants liked there drivers(and they the elephants).Otherwise they would be a working elephant, but what would i know........


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



16th October 2007

Niall & Elephant
Wow wee sexy time

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb