The beach at last


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Chanthaburi
February 7th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Thailand was our fix from Cali. The getaway on a beautiful, calm, heavenly island called Ko Chang. The largest island in Thailand, also known for the shape of an elephant along with plenty to see and ride. We stayed on White Sand Beach, which later we found out was the couple retreat. Gloria and I were the only non couple on the beach. We felt out of place with the romantic dining set up with flowers and candles lit, in addition to the beach front view. If that was the only complaint that is the least of our worries.

We had only two full days to capture the moment. Our first whole day was spent on a boat, sun bathing and snorkeling. Since we both passed out from the blazing sun it resulted in the most painful, darkest tan done all in one day. Luckily we had the cheapest, most soothing massage to cool us off with aloe vera and vitamin E, the previous day we received a Thai massage. These 1 hour long treatments are only $6, unbelievable and great work for the cost. Back home you get what you pay for.

The following day started with renting our own scooter for the day, roamed around, took pictures, ate and bought the usual- souvenirs. At the 3 o' clock hour we drove to the jungle and hopped on an elephant. It was scary at first sitting in the chair because Gloria and I had to share making it imbalanced as the elephant rocked his hips up and down as he walked. They feel different than we had expected, hairy and rough, the ears are spotted and feels like a shammy ( the cloth that dries a car). The highlight was riding on the head, more stable and felt conquering like I'm on top of the world or lion king, cheesy, but true. It rocked, I love animals, nature and breathing fresh air! Next on my list, swimming with the dolphins. Unfortunately when I went to the Caribbean, I didn't have enough time and some places were sold out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



13th February 2010

jealous!
So awesome!

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb