Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Blogs from Chanthaburi
Latest Blogs from Chanthaburi
- November 10th 2013 Dzień 5. W Kanchanburi czyli kupa śmiechu przy Michale i Wojciechu.
by Words: 1176 Photos: 11
- September 7th 2013 Chanthaburi - Wats with the wabbits?
by Words: 829 Photos: 22
- February 16th 2013 Hellfirer Pass, vannfall,togreiser og slite bein!
by Words: 359 Photos: 8
- February 14th 2013 Sløsing, tur på byen og slappe dager
by Words: 376 Photos: 14
- May 29th 2012 Day 3
by Words: 1553 Photos: 8
- November 8th 2010 Chanthaburi, Cambodia, and Back to Bangkok
by Words: 1039 Photos: 9
- March 13th 2010 Chanthaburi enchantment
by Words: 540 Photos: 12
- February 10th 2010 Day six, Dirty dirty trains and hot caves
by Words: 239 Photos: 0
- February 8th 2010 Day 4- seven levels of water falling
by Words: 193 Photos: 0
- February 7th 2010 The beach at last
by Words: 348 Photos: 12
- December 23rd 2009 Floating markets, fried frogs, river raft and arrived in Chiang mai
by Words: 854 Photos: 34
- August 14th 2009 KANCHANABURI
by Words: 779 Photos: 28
- May 19th 2009 we are in kanchanaburi!!
by Words: 199 Photos: 0
- February 27th 2009 The death Railway
by Words: 747 Photos: 15
- February 23rd 2009 Kanchanburi - death railway
by Words: 1256 Photos: 0
- February 1st 2008 Nong Sing Beach
by Words: 93 Photos: 0
- November 12th 2007 River Kwai Resort
by Words: 422 Photos: 13
- August 23rd 2007 Back to the nature in Chantaburi
by Words: 187 Photos: 12