Bangkok Shopping Madness


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 27th 2005
Published: October 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I was a day late in meeting PP in Bangkok because I'd had a run-in with the airline at check-in.

Anyhow, this was a weekend trip intended to indulge the female self-pampering tendencies and boy, was it fun. After arriving, I took a rest to recover from my 12 hr long flight and it's off to town to hit the stores!

We squeezed our way into the metros (we kept running out of small change for the tickets) and navigated through the crowds at all the major shopping malls and even braved Chatuchak. We nosed our way to the irresistible smells of enticing Thai food where we pigged out in scary fashion. And of course, we plopped ourselves at the massage parlours to relieve our aching muscles from all that walking. The last massage we had was an impromptu, beg-the-parlour affair, for it was near closing time. We eventually bought our way into a 2-hr long body treat. It was so good PP fell asleep and snored through the rest of the session. The masseuses did wonders - we felt rejuvenated and that night, we stayed up to watch Lost Season 2, then unbroadcasted in both SG and London.
Hold Yer Elephant!Hold Yer Elephant!Hold Yer Elephant!

An elephant waits to cross the road right in the heart of the city


PP and I hadn't met in a while since we're on different continents now, but we used to hang out several times a week back home. So it felt really good doing all the girlie stuff together as well as be entertained by her silly antics. She attempted to model for me the leprechaun outfit i'd gotten for Joey, my shih-tzu and that just cracked me up. We both bought so much it was a struggle to shut the initially nearly empty suitcase. Between the two of us, we must have bought just about everything imaginable from toiletries and clothes to candles and pretty notebooks.

I think Bangkok has got some smashing local designer stuff eg The Mah Fah Luang Foundation where I found this pair of stylish yet comfortably loose cotton culottes sewn in reverse, as well as a couple of other boutique stores whose name I can't recall - it's just a shame that I can't always fit into their clothes. I also had an unexpected buy at Para Nada in the form of a very warm woollen jacket that's completely unnecessary for hot and humid Thailand. One of our best buys though, were the Swinger monkeys we'd each gotten. Hers was impish and mine sweet 😉

Jasmine Executive Suites: 2 Sukhomvit Soi 23, Sukhumvit Road, Wattana Bangkok 10110
SGD84/nite



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb