Bangkok... city under siege!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 24th 2006
Published: September 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok's new tourist attractionBangkok's new tourist attractionBangkok's new tourist attraction

Soldiers pose for pictures in Bangkok...
Just a quick one... arrived in Bangkok last night hoping to be greeted at the airport by mamooth tanks and men with Ak-47s! It's pretty much business as usual here in Bangkok... although we did see a few guys with guns. Everyone we have talked to seems happy about the Coup and thats probably why its been so peaceful. Today we went to the weekend market... 15000 stalls and about 200000 people. It was amazing... picked up loads of cheap clothes... t-shirts for under $3... adidas zip out tops for $10 and if my feet wheren't so big I could of got new skate shoes for $20. Also there is so much cheap food... loads of stalls saling fried rice and chicken wings. It was so good that three guys were able to spend 5 hours running around the place. The best thing I saw allday was the tanks on the way back... all the thai people were getting there photos taken infront of them... we even saw little kids sitting on the tanks holds guns. Well that's it...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Tuk TukTuk Tuk
Tuk Tuk

Conor and Mick posing in the Tuk Tuk... had the coolest driver
Tuk Tuk 2Tuk Tuk 2
Tuk Tuk 2

Me behind the wheel of a Tuk Tuk..watch out... although I'm sure I had less to drink then our driver.
Change roomChange room
Change room

Trying some pants on in the market... look at that sexy tan line
In  the Club in BangkokIn  the Club in Bangkok
In the Club in Bangkok

I wonder why no girls are sitting with us?


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb