Damnoen Saduak floating market


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Early start for our floating market trip today 6.30am pick up. The smells coming from the street food stalls even this early in the morning are divine....that's one thing even with the fumes of the traffic there's always a stall selling street food that drowns them out with their BBQ pork balls, pad Thai or sticky rice and mango, I could go on!!

So 6.30 comes and goes eventually at 7.30 we are up picked up in a very crammed mini bus, one thing I would reccommend to any one is the traffic in Bangkok is horrendous so if your going any where, consider it a lot!

2 and a 1/2 hours later we arrive at the floating market where we share a long boat ride with a couple we met that are on holiday from the maldeves. 40mins trip around the market, you'd think the traffic would be about calmer.... Not even slightly if anything its more mental and the boats are barging past each other taking out any unsuspecting tourist's elbows on the way through...

Back on dry land, safe and in one piece we are directed to another long boat which takes us part of the slog back to Bangkok.

Back in Bangkok we still have most of the day left so we head for a wander and as Richard puts it, to see if there's anything we can get for my birthday.

We find a local shopping mail called Terminal one. Wow this would put ours to shame, this has a miniature model of the golden gate bridge scaling the opening in one of the top floors!! I'm very lucky and get treated to two lovely outfits and then asked to leave him while he has a look at 'something else'.. That's when I find the loo I know this is not very lady like but then I don't pretend... The loo's had controls, I'm not joking it was like walking into the star ship enterprise.. Of course I had to take a picture, would you expect nothing less??

Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb