Jet lag R US


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
December 2nd 2012
Published: December 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Both hit with severe jet lag we drag ourselves out of bed about 1 o'clock and head out to explore....

This time it's not the market stall people that bombard us, its the the Tuktuk drivers "sightseeing tour, cheap price" "20 baht for 2 hours" wow almost sounds too good to be true....

Turns out that these "sightseeing tours" do not take you round the lovely the temples and the palace and places like that, maybe we were wrong to not think that the sights would include the Tuktuk mans brothers suit shop and his sisters travel agents and the biggest jewllery store.... In the world!!! All so he can get his gas tokens for the day.. lesson 3!!

So after Richard had been talked into getting some tailoured shorts and we booked a trip for the next day to the floating market we did manage to out smart the jewellery sales lady after half an hour of her following us around like a hawk... 3 to the Thais , 1 to us!

Heading back we get the tuktuk man to drop us off at a park we'd seen earlier so we could have a wonder somewhere without breathing in the joys of all this traffic.

Lumphini park, wow it's amazing! As we wander around the locals are doing organised aerobics and Thai chi, all ages our jogging. It's spotless aswel the total opposite to the streets off Bangkok. We've found our little oasis..

Wandering back from the park we come across a car garage come food market .... The smells are out of this world, they have all different kinds of fish on ice, chickens hanging up and some odd looking veg. the chefs are cooking on make shift hobs, chairs and tables set up front of a drop down screen showing football.

We order a feast..... the food was out of the world and cost pennies.

Two very happy backpackers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb