Bangkok - Day 17


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 20th 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

18th September 2010
We had to be at reception for 7am as we were being picked up for our full day excursion. First stop was Danndensaduak (the floating markets). We drove about 90 minutes to get to the canals and we had another 90 minutes of free time to wonder round and buy what we wanted. I brought some Mango-steam which is a type of local fruit. They were so delicious and i ended up eating over a kilogram of them. After our free time we had a small boat trip on the canal which took us through a local village. We saw quite a few families washing themselves and their clothes in the canal water. Was a bit of a shocker as the water was all green and filthy!
We got back onto our bus and had another 45 minute journey before lunch and then another 20 minutes to get to our second stop - The River Kwai. The river Kwai is famously known for the ‘death railway’ this is the bridge that links Thailand to Burma.
After a short stop we headed to the Tiger Temple. This was the bit i was most looking forward too. We got to the temple and had about a 10 minute walk to where they were situated. There were about 12 tigers, all different ages and sexes. We queued up and when it was you turn the guide would take your camera and walk you round to see about 6 different tigers, taking pictures at each stop. We then walked round to their enclosure as they were being brought in for exercise and feeding. About 4pm we had to make our way back to the van for about a 2 hour drive home. We got back just after 7pm so it ended up being a very long day! We went for dinner at the stools and met a girl called Frenchie - she was travelling alone so we invited her out for a few drinks. We had some frozen cocktails on Koshan Road and then went to meet the other group.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb