Wee update and some pictures


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 3rd 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey all, sorry to be neglecting my blog, finding time and reliable internet is a bit of a challenge here, but here I am none the less.

My Flight err flights went really well, 4 hours 13hours and 3hours. When I arrived the airport suites hotel wasn't near the airport at all rather it was near the older domestic airport so it took an hour to get there. Took some time to recover from the jet lag like 3 days, oh rough indeed I am 13hours ahead though which is a lot for ones clock to take in.

Once I was all ramped and ready I ventured out to visit kosan Road, a small community for backpackers tonnes of rooming houses and hotels and bars. I ended up staying at a place called the star dome in for the remainder of my time in Bangkok. The rooms were cheap and air conditioned, I tried one night in a fan only room and did not enjoy that sat all. It doesn't cool down at night here, maybe 4 degrees at most so ac is essential.

I went out a few nights met some people watched a lot of cover bands had a really good night with some people from Ireland, got kinda crazy lol. Kinda wish I had hung out with them more oh well hahhha.

I went to see Muay Thai at Ramachdan stadium and Lumpini Stadium, which though killer expensive was a good time to see the mecca of muay thai. The fights were quite intense.

Thai Land is very Buddhist and I have visited many wats (a wat is a Buddist temple) so much to see and there are always monks and people praying it is all very beautiful. Though religious places still give me the heebeegeebees I do the appreciate the Anthropological importance to all these sights. I also visited the Royal palace and did a boat tour including a floating market, which is were peddlers hawk their good from a canoe, I bought a beer felt like I needed to buy something. Where else i went to soi cowboy and the night market which was good times. I could skipped the zoo, but oh well.

I moved to Pattaya a week or two a go and have been trying to settle in here. The cab to the bus station was cheaper than the bus ride to Pattaya 200bt vs 128bt (1cad=30bt). The ride was nice adn the country side beautiful. I stayed in a nice hotel resort the first night, they were really nice and stuff I went exploiring right away and found lots of prostitutes or bar girls what ever you want to call them. Every 50 yr old male tourist has a 20 yr old thai escort, oh well. I saw GI JOE that night and picked out a hostel to stay in. The next morning I put on my 65 lb backpack and walked to Jomtien beach where I would stay for a week, I couldn't find the hostel so I ended up at pk resort which was the cool kind of jungle courtyard, but the cock bites charged power ontop of the room rate so I moved to the hostel the next day.

The Jomtien hostel was nice clean and cheap. The staff were great and the location was alright too. I even rented a moped from them and though I crashed once it was still the best way to get around. They have motor cycle taxis and baht busses which are pickups with benches in the back. 2 fares buys me a day on a moped. The yamaha is my fave.

After some time doing the tourist thing I have moved to scorpion muay thai, and the sugar beat resort which I intend to stay at for some time.

So far Thai-land has been very welcoming and modern. I have had a few rough days, but everything is going well.

Stay tuned for more blogs soon.






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb