Here we go again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 7th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Went to bed on an airplane and woke up here. Oh, the joys of modern technology.

Flight was pretty good, bagged a pair of the 'doubles' at the back of a 747, so we had enough room and no disturbance from fellow passengers. If it hadn't been for a recurrence of hay fever it would have been perfect.

Mind you, the cab from the airport to the hotel took 2 hours. Bangkok traffic, eh.

Tomorrow we'll go and see some sights before we head north by train on sunday.

Meanwhile here's a pic of our rooftop swimming pool

Managed to watch at least 3 films one with Colin Farrell who I didn't think was too bad but can't remember the name of film and a bizarre Will Smith one plus a sub-tittled one which was good. Would have been even better if the seat in front hadn't been taken by some huge woman who 's sheer weight sent the seat back to auto recline - put down the fork!





Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



7th November 2008

"One night in Bangkok....
...and the world's your oyster", eh? Like the rooftop swimming pool. Rather beats the pond outside Egypt Mill.... :-)
8th November 2008

Taxi
Two hours in a taxi ? Major Bummer. Glad the flight was good. The view is certainly different than last week !

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb