Bangkok 26th - 28th


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 26th 2008
Published: November 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

There's me worrying about taking my first real step alone during this trip and as I rock up at Delhi airport I only go and bump into an Aussi I got chatting to whilst in Jaipur. Talk about a small world. We caught up on each others week. She'd been teaching art at a girls school for the last 6 months and was on her way home but was sure she'd be out once again.

I touch down in Bangkok airport and caught the eye of a lovely Canadian girl so we both made our way to town and booked into a guest house just off Koh san Road.
That evening we met up with an old friend of hers who's living over here and he and his girlfriend sure welcomed us to the city.
Before I knew it we were 3 deadly buckets down and pushing the tables out the way to make room for a boogie!
Lets say the rest is history!
Nancy and I eventually dragged our asses out of bed around 12noon with a hangover from hell but as stubborn as i am there was no way i was wasting a day when there's so much
BangkokBangkokBangkok

Nancy, me and Rich with the beadly bucket!
to see and do.
First off was the the Grand Palace followed by the reclining Buddha.
We sheepishly made our way home and chilled at the guesthouse sharing stories with fellow travellers.

Today was wet and windy so not much to be done...For ages now i've been tempted to get my hair dreadlocked and was eventually persuaded after my unruly hair kept misbehaving in the hot and humid weather.
So...7 hours later the deed was done. I think the stages went a bit like this...OMG im freaking out...shit what have i done....awww there not that bad, in fact they're kinda cool....what the hell am i gonna do when i don't want them anymore....ahhhh worry about that later, life's to short for all that, go have another bucket and all will be ok!

Up bright and early Tuesday morning. We were off for a sightseeing day on the outskirts of Bangkok. Firstly we stopped at the floating market followed by a trip down the river seeing the sights of the locals going about their daily lives.

Tonight Nancy, Jess, Josh and I are taking the 15 hour night train to Chiang Mai, north Thailand where we'll be staying for a few nights and hopefully signing on to a few treks into the jungle.

Bangkok's been amazing. The weathers been hot, humid and rather unsettled but everyone's so relaxed and just gets on. The street food smalls and tastes amazing. The infamous Koh San Road hasn't got unbearable yet so it was a pleasent experience weaving in and out of all the crazy market stalls and bars. People say they get fed up with all the bartering and noise but i'm telling you its nothing compared to India.
India has made Bangkok seem like a walk in the park.

I've spoaken to so many people in the last 3 days all with new and exciting experiences to tell.
Everyone seems really chilled out and happy to socialise.
The locals are friendly and I can't wait to explore the mountains up north.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

BangkokBangkok
Bangkok

Dancing in the street at 4 in the morning
Bangkok Bangkok
Bangkok

The Grand Palace
BangkokBangkok
Bangkok

The Reclining Buddha


4th November 2008

you damn hippy
I can't believe you're stroking a tiger. I mean I can't believe you got dreads, but I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU STROKED A TIGER. nice one Raven.
4th November 2008

Hootang
you shouldn't have left, you've been missing some great weather. ps. this is not the truth.
4th November 2008

ps
its also a lot quieter in London since you left ;)
10th November 2008

OMG Cous - your dreads look fab!!! LOVE YOU xxxx
10th November 2008

love the dreads... love griff graff! x
13th November 2008

you looks so funky!!
OH MY GOD!!you did it, finally!!!!it looks so cool, i love it!!your hair look longer, did they add extentions?whatever, Hannah 's got dreadlocks, wouhou!!!!Im so happy that ur enjoying ur time and meeting people.Take care sweetie, i miss u xxx
17th November 2008

Where shud i start!!!
Ok!! so firstly!! OMG u got ur dreadlocks and they look amasing hun!! absotuletly wicked. proper love em. you have to keep them they so suit you!! Also i watch lion man all the time andhe went to that place with the tigers on one episode and i am so jealous you hvae got to go there!! That must have been so amasin hunny!! i cannot beleive it!
17th November 2008

OH NO U DIDN'T - get dreads!!! WOW it looks wicked u look like a proper traveller - love the blog keep it up. Miss u loads xxxxxx
17th November 2008

OOPS forgot to my name haha it's Puj by the way

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb