Back to Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 8th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 26
Arrive at The New World Lodge at 6am and cant check it until 12 so after saying goodbye to Sar, we have breakfast and spend the rest of the time on the net. Once we get our room, Esther joins us for some tv and room service, fall asleep for a while. Hollie & I join Matt & Jo to go watch "Siam Niramit" show. It's breathtaking. the best show we have ever seen. It's split into 3 parts "The Journey Back into History", "Journey Beyond Imagination", "The 3 realms & Journey through joyous festivals'. Brilliant performances, scenery, lights they even had a river flowing through the stage.
By the end of the show we seem to be itching all over. Both our feet and arms are covered in bites, our arms and hollie's back. The journey home is unbearable, we get to our room to discover both our legs and hips are covered too. We both had repellant on and Jo and Matt haven't been bitten so we come to the conclusion its bed bugs as we have heard a few stories about where we are staying being rife with them. Just hope Esther isnt effected as she's
Siam Niramit showSiam Niramit showSiam Niramit show

The night of the bites
on an 11 hour flight back to the Netherlands. Hollie complains and we get switched rooms. We join Jo & Matt in their room and numb the pain by drinking a lot of vodka and playing card games.
In the morning our skin is crawling. Never felt so bad, itching and burning, just painful. Jen thinks its Karma for killing the roaches - well we're in a buddist country. We complain again and get a free meal, not really what we are looking for especially when the manager tells us its a common problem due to so many backpackers staying there. Well we have stayed in som shady places including a bamboo floor of a wooden hut in the jungle and in the National Park and there were no fleas there!!!! We get some cream from the chemist and our day continues in a pattern of sleep and applying cream.
Our free dinner is the hottest we have ever eaten - the inferno in our mouths takes the pain away from everything else for a moment. In the evening we go with Matt and Jo to Rajadamnern Stadium for an evening of Thai Boxing. We sit ringside to 10 exciting
Siam Nimirit Siam Nimirit Siam Nimirit

Some of the cast
games. The 4 of us place bets amongst ourselves as it's illegal here. We lose 20 baht (approx 20p)but have a great night. We are at one with the cockroaches running about our feet under our chairs, mozzies dont bother us anymore. The only insect we hate is whatever has done this to us. Feeling sorry for ourselves we head home for more cream.

Day 27
When we get up for breakfast - dare we say it the bites look less violent. Collected our washing said farewell to Jo & Matt (hope to see you next year when you come to scotland!) and got the hell out of that hotel. Took a tuk-tuk to our swanky hotel The President Park Suites. Hotel is stunning our room is huge, one whole wall is the window,we have a huge shower, telephone by the toilet (?), tv, dvd player, microwave, sofa...fab. Head to Khao San road to do some shopping, the back to the santuary of the hotel for some dvd watching.

Day 28
We have an amazing buffet breakfast and go in search of a post office. Chilled out.

Day 29
Breakfast, post office, packed our bags the head for airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Mai Thai Mai Thai
Mai Thai

14 yr old Thai boxer
Mai Thai Mai Thai
Mai Thai

The payer before the fight
Presedent park suites Presedent park suites
Presedent park suites

Our amazing hotel room


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb