Turtle Island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 22
Ferry to Koh Tao of Turtle Island as its know due to it being shaped like a turtle (?) hmmm. Taxi's here are either motor bikes of 4x4's we hop on the latter to get to our simple beach hut not actually on the beach. its a bumpy ride but fun. Group lunch at resort, the restaurant is right next to the beach. Its a little overcast and the others go to discuss diving so the two of us and Jo go on a wander. We are on Sairee Beach which is the biggest and nicest we saw though you can try to find other secluded little beaches. We stop for a cocktail, the seats in most bars on this island are infact a little flat cushion on the floor with a head rest so you just sprawl over the floor.
At night we go back to the same bar with the addition of Esther and Matt. A bit tipsy we decided to walk home along the beach, mesmorised by the glowing blue specs of sand (plankton?) but we slip the flip flops back on after discovering a washed up jellyfish.

Day 23
We had big plans for today as Hannah and Becky came over to visit us from Koh Phangnon. Unfortunately we experienced a bit of a sandstorm at breakfast. It got a bit hairy for about 15 mins then it was just windy and raining. Jen managed to lose her flip flop however, the wind blew it away (you have to take shoes off before going into restuarants and hsops a lot here).
So the girls met us after a ropey ferry journey and a bit hungover, bless! We just chill, chat and eat. Then they head home and we say goodbye at the ferry. Night time we go for a mexican yum yum then head to watch a film in a bar "The Happening" don't ever watch it its rubbish.

Day 24
Randomly got up early and done a bit of book shopping. It starts to get hot so we go back to put our bikini's on, by the time we do this is raining again. Boo Hiss. Not much to but read book and go for another massage!
Farewell dinner which is gorgeous then a couple of cocktails then bed. Could get used to this life.

Day 25
Travel day finishing up on overnight train. Jen got the bottom bed this time and the train was infested with cockroaches. Using a flipflop she became chief cockroach killer for a few hours then had to admit defeat.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Becky Hannah and JenBecky Hannah and Jen
Becky Hannah and Jen

Our taxi to the harbour


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1086s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb