Kung Hei Fat Choi!, and Same Same


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 9th 2008
Published: February 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Thailand!
On our last night in Hong Kong (which was also Chinese New Yearwe decided to check out the fabled Ladies Night, on which, if stories were to be believed, ladies could enjoy a whole night of drinking without spending a single Hong Kong dollar. We ate first on a rooftop vegetarian restaurant in a theatre on Hong Kong isand, and then headed out for a night in the sleazy end of town, Wan Chai. Rumours turned out to be true, and we decided to end our night at a respectable time of 4am, due to our flight the next day and whatnot.
We very nearly got upgraded to business class due to the flight being overbooked, but we were denied (possibly due to visible bruises and wine stained clothing). A 2 and a half hours day we found ourselves in swealtering Bangkok, a lovely 35 degrees. We're staying in the obvious traveller's district of Banglaphu, just a few minute's walk from the heaving Khao San Road. We've pretty much just spent our time perusing the markets during the day and just hanging out on the Khao San at night, as we've found out we'll have more time to waste in Bangkok than we thought - Amy's Vietnam visa won't be ready til the 15th due to the Vietnamese Embassy being shut for Chinese New Year, so we've decided to go on a few trips with some people we've met here. Tomorrow we head to the River Kwai (we think), the Tiger Temple where tigers and monks potter about together, and a massive waterfall. We're planning on going to the standard places too, the palace, some Wats, Soi Cowboy etc., but we're waiting until we get a proper night's sleep first.
That's about it for the time being, just letting you know that we're safe and on track (for now). Photo's are definitely on the way too...
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb