the first of thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 14th 2007
Published: December 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Finally taking our trip to thailand was so exciting but also so scary at the same time as I had no idea what to expect and we had no travel arrangements. But as we arrived at bangkok we met two fellow South Arican guys who had been to thailand before and offered to show us the way to Khoasan road and to accomadation. This was such a blessing !! But before we left I decicoved that my baggage was lost...well just missplaced in the back of the plane somewhere... but it was sorted out quickly luckly! We decided to stay at Khoason Palace which was clean, central and most of all cheap. But we could not go into the room as it was only 8am so we went to a resturant across the road (Central Khoasan) and tried our first Sangsong bucket (to apparently be initiated into thailand, not that this didn't happen again).....then we had a few more and by 11 am we were quite tipsy and decided to go swim at the hotel as it was soooooo hot. The pool was on the roof and had amazing views of the city, while there we met some more guys (ausies) on the roof who aslo decided to start drinking with the 5 of us. During the afternoon we decided to stroll up and down the road which was by then very full and festive, we met up with all the others and had dinner and more drinks. The whole day turned out to be lots of fun, but nicole and I didn't make it out with the others.

During our secound day in Bangkok we wanted to see the sights and found a tuk tuk for 50 bahts (provided we went to a curios shop for him) for the whole day !! So cheap and such a nice guy named Sky who's driving takes some getting used to but it was really nice. We saw the Standing Budda, the Golden Mountain and took a boat ride. We were ment to go to the Grand Palace but we were not dressed correctly so we were not allowed in, but will do it on our way out. Many people had told us that thailand is terrible and smells funny but we thought it was fantastic and really pretty. We then took a night bus to Chang Mei which was the cheapest option and it was ok ..way more comfortable then the plane, ut soo long (12hrs) But we met some Israelies which was.... intersting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb