Floating Market


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 5th 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to take a 2 hour bus journey to Damneon Saduak which has an amazing floating market.
The price of the ticket down there by bus was around 2 euro each.
When we arrived in the town it reminded me of the high way towns in the US.
We booked into our guest house which was only 4 euro and headed out to have a look at the town. As this was our first time venturing out side Bangkok we found every thing a lot cheaper. Dinner was 50 cent and it was the nicest food that we have had since we arrived.
The local chemist also hands out anything that one wants without prescriptions which was handy to know.
In the morning at 7 we left by boat to the floating market, there was just the 2 of us in the boat so that was very nice.
We headed off up river through the narrow channels to the market; it was nice and quite as most of the tourists don’t arrive until 9.
Everyone has their goods in their small wooden canoes and it is very beautiful, as we pass them they were grabbing onto our boat to try to make a sale and they achieved this and we definitely paid over the price but again it is only cents.
We floated through the channels where there was so much stuff on offer; I did manage to buy a chop stick set with mats which is very pretty and very heavy in my bag.
We floated for 2 hours checking out the market and then headed back to the B&B to check out and headed back to Bangkok.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb