South Korea Our Last Day


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Incheon
October 1st 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our last day actually turned out to be Great. We got up and did some Laundry!. Lol WE next headed out to a palace which ended up being the best one we saw. I cannot believe for 3$ we got to see so much. Korea is about half the expense or less of Japan. So if you want a cheap holiday with an Asia flavor this is the place to be. Airport transit to Seoul was just $4 CDN equivelant! 70 KM Wow

At the palace we saw the changing of the guard, gardens, and exhibits. The better half dressed up in traditional Korean wardrobe and I snapped a few pics. Sorry no pics today either. They will come when I have a USB port on a safe computer.

Next we walked to an antique shopping area / souvenir, and had a fantastic lunch for two for 30$ beer included. It was seafood, such as octopus, shrimp, etc... we also had a pork sautee with an amazing bean sauce. I have to buy a bottle of the sauce when I get back. mmmmmm good....

A street hawker with fruit for sale came up to us and broke a fruit of some sort in half and gave it to us to eat. Automatically when some one hands you something you take it.... right. Next thing you know he says 1$ please for the fruit> WHAT! I THOUGHT IT WAS A GIFT>>>>>> Oh well I gave him the damn 1$. Next he shoves another one in our hand and tells us to eat it as well. Of course we tried to shove it back but to no avail he wouldn't take it. Lol.... Another buck gone.

We next took a short 1 hour cruise to see the cityscape from a different perspective. We capped off the night packing for a 5AM wakeup call.

Weather has been absolutely great. This is the best time to travel in the east no doubt.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.364s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb