Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 20th 2014
Published: June 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

singapore



It took two days to get to Singapore from Joeburg and two flights. One from Joeburg to Hong Kong, then from Hong Kong to Singapore, then another hour to the house of my aunt Janine's friends and now ours. Their house was bigger than any that I have ever seen, but also very nice. They have four children, three boys and a girl. The little girl is three and the boys are 10, 14 and 16, and all very nice. We had jet lag, so we hung our for the rest of the day. The little girl was sleeping so we snuck around till the youngest of the boys came back from school. We played games on their XBox. The other two boys showed up over time, then the dad got home after them. We told them all about our trip so far and what it's like living out of 2 bags and only one of the bags for clothes, the other's for books and souvenirs. We then got a great night's sleep. In the morning, we were advised to go on the Duck tour to see the city by water and land, the mall and the set up for Chinese NewYear. a massive party was forming, although we wouldn't be there while it was on. Our friends told us that it's like Christmas, but a lot longer for about a week or so, then it would be over. We could see these giant hotels with parks on the top of them, with small ponds in the middle of it, plus lots of trees for their guests. Those hotels are 6 star hotels and there's 2 in Singapore, and a lot of 5 stars there too. The boat/car was originally an army transport vehicle, but now used as a guide drive by want and land. we then saw a very beautiful fountain of a fish. The tour was 1 hour long and was really great. We walked around the fountain of luck with the 5 fingers around it, four hotels and the Tume is he big mall that we wandered around for a long time. We grabbed a bite to eat before we got the train home. The oldest son and the mom were about to watch Star Trek, the final frontier before going to bed so we watched it too, then went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb