Day 03 - Singapore to Melaka, Malaysia


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 5th 2010
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Early start to pack up and shower before breakfast. Went down to breakfast to find some egg & mayonnaise sandwiches! Saw Matt & Debs at breakfast and said goodbye to them.

At 10am we checked out and met the rest of our tour group: Anne from New Zealand, Atusa from Stoke on trent and Jamila from Bermuda.

We set off from hangout in a taxi to the first bus station, there we boarded a bus for about half an hour - this took us near to the border. We then got on another bus to the Singapore border and stamped out of Singapore. Next we went across 'no mans land' to the Malaysian border and stamped in to Malaysia. This was quite an experience as I had never crossed a land border like this before. We then made our way to the bus station now in Malaysia we were paying in Ringgits and a bottle of 7up was just 44p!

After 3 more hours on a very comfy bus (on which I slept most of the way) and a taxi ride we arrived at 'Baba House' - our home for the next 2 nights. Baba House used to the home to a very rich Chinese family.

After arriving we had a group tour meeting and once the formalities were over with we went for a walk around Melaka and into a food court in a mall. I tried a dish recommended by Tony, but it was far too spicy for me.

We then went and had a long browse around the night market on Jonker Street this was a great experience with many foods, jewelery etc being sold. I tried Potato Padana, this was a potato thinly sliced an put on a skewer and fried, it was lovely. After my lack of dinner Nic and I then had a desperate search for Ice Cream - very uncultured, but much needed! Shopped out we returned to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb