Day 04 - Melaka


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
September 6th 2010
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had breakfast in a cafe called Limau, not far from the hotel. We then went to the Museum of Enduring Beauty this showed all different things regarded as beautiful by different cultures such as lip plates, corsets, scarring and foot, neck and head re-shaping. This was a great museum (other than the lack of air conditioning) and was really interesting.

We had planned to then go on a boat tour, however as we came out of the museum it was absolutely pouring with rain and was thundering. We waited in the museum for about 1 hour - in which time we got so bored that we visited the kit and spinning tops museum, which were in the same building. After about an hour the rain was not so heavy so we braved it to the shopping mall. Here I got a massage from a chair which was quite fun. After wandering around the shops and purchasing some earrings we decided to retreat back to the hotel.

Once the rain had subsided we braved the outside again; looking in the nearby shops, walking along the river and then going up in the 360 degrees observation tower. From here we got a great view over Melaka and spotted a pool, which once on the ground again we went and found.

Going to the swimming pool I felt like a local as nearly all the signs were in Malaysian and we were the only non-Asians in there. To begin with it was slightly strange as we were the only females in there, and being a Muslim country we were slightly concerned that we were under dressed in Bikinis! It was a great experience and great fun!

After the pool we came home to get ready for dinner. We went to the food court at the mall again, I was slightly less adventurous and had sweet and sour chicken followed by ice cream.

Next was the river cruise, which we had planned to do earlier in the day. We went up the river and saw a lot of Melaka that couldn't be seen from walking. This was very enjoyable and I think it was better to do it as night as everything was lit up and it was all very pretty.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb