Day 05 - Melaka to Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Asia
September 8th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another early start - not even time for breakfast! We left the hotel at 8am & headed for KL via bus, this took just under 2 hours and surprise surprise I slept the majority of the way.

We arrived in Kl around midday and headed for the hotel which is right in the middle of Chinatown. Interesting view form our room of all the markets.

KL is worlds away from the clean and shiny Singapore, KL is how I expected Asia to be - a bit dirty and dusty, odd smelling and not particularly modern looking.

After getting some tips from Tony about where certain things in the city are we headed off for 'Times Square' shopping mall via monorail. The monorail was an experience in itself and cost just 1.20RM (24p). Times Square is the 13th largest shopping mall in the world and inside is a theme park with the worlds largest inside rollercoaster. The rollercoaster was was really fun, we also did the bumper cars - great how this is so fun in all cultures! Whilst in the theme park Jamila and I were asked to have our picture taken by/with chinese people - very amusing how they found us interesting.

After the theme park we took a look at some of the shops in the mall, and by the time we were back from the mall the night market had started. The road was now closed and covered in stalls. I did my first real attempts at haggling here. I managed to get a bag from 75RM down to 30M (6 pounds), a necklace from 75RM to 35RM (7 pounds) and some sunglasses for just over 20RM (4 pounds).

To end the day we went back over to the mall and had a very uninteresting dinner. VVV tired.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb