Singapore Stopover


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 29th 2008
Published: May 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Johanessburg - Singapore - Perth


MerlionMerlionMerlion

Singapore Icon
By the time we got to Singapore our energy levels were low and our tourist enthusiasm was waning significantly. By now we had been on the road for almost 6months and were very ready to get home to visit family and friends. Subsequently we didn't really do any justice to what Singapore can offer. The humidity was killing us and the place seemed to be just one big shopping centre. Having not worked for so long, and with another month or two of travel still to go, our finances didn't really allow Kirst to let loose in the many shopping malls, although we were very grateful for the a/c and some respite from the outside weather!


We managed to wander about the city seeing a few sights and different areas including China markets and little India, many shopping malls, the Raffles hotel, the harbour, Merlion (!!) and enjoying some of the local cuisine. Even wandered down the famous Orchard Road but didn't venture into the shops as funds were way to low to even contemplate....!


On our last night we had a brief reunion with Steve and Hannah from our Africa trip who were stuck in Singapore
Our hotel....Our hotel....Our hotel....

Not really...Raffles Hotel, a bit too expensive for the unemployed
due to the protests at Bangkok airport. After a brief two night stay we were once again on the move, first stop Perth where our travels had all began almost 2yrs ago!





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The DurianThe Durian
The Durian

Not quite as smelly as the fruit though


Tot: 0.369s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb