Australia mate


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
November 30th 2008
Published: June 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was nice to be back on home soil for a while, with a whirlwind tour of most of the big island undertaken in the 6 weeks or so we had. Started back in Perth where our travels had all began. Had a great week with Gleeson's, the kids having grown up so much since we left almost 2 years prior. Got to enjoy the lovely Perth beaches once again, the water is still freezing though, and see the demolition zone that was Fortescue street residence.

Next stop was Melbourne for a catch up with Fay and a road trip up to Nyah West for the day. Spent a night across at Castlemaine with Brendan, Jane and the kids before travelling across to see Terry and Gill. Back to Fay's for one last night then back in the air once more!

Arrived in Brissy and hired a car to catch up with a few friends about Brissy. We then caught the bus out to Toowoomba where Gwenda picked us up. Had a nice time with Jason's family over xmas and New years, the latter was spent at a gorgeous beach side apartment at Bribie Island. From here we dropped back down to Brissy to fly up to Townsville.

We hired a car as our trip had managed to coincide with the newly arrived Makayla (Bernie and Shaun's new arrival) so we did a big day trip down to Proserpine after having a night with Dave and Amanda in Townsville. Spent another night in Townsville before Damon drove down to pick us up.

Spent a few nights with Damon, Maira and Jarra in balmy Mission Beach with a few decent downpours and a back-yard cassowary sighting. Spent a night up at Trav and Helen's in Atherton where Trav cooked up an amazing feast for us all and we got to sample his tasty home brew!

From here we flew down to Sydney and caught the train out to Lithgow where we were reunited with the beloved Fatroll and of course Marita and the kids. Spent a few nights with the Drivers, caught up with Simone, Brett, Angus and the not yet cooked Layla.

After visiting 4 of the 7 states we were due to head back over seas, first stop NZ.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Woolamine Pine Xmas treeWoolamine Pine Xmas tree
Woolamine Pine Xmas tree

Jonathon at Castlemaine
Great present idea Mick!Great present idea Mick!
Great present idea Mick!

Remote controlled helicopter, maiden flight, stuck in tallest tree!
Gwenda showing Terry how to flyGwenda showing Terry how to fly
Gwenda showing Terry how to fly

notice the absence of trees
prawn peeling for the feast prawn peeling for the feast
prawn peeling for the feast

new years, bribie island


Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 24; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb