Day 19


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 4th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had a proper lie in for the first time since leaving England and woke up just in time for breakfast which finished at midday!! Mel, Lisa and I decided that we'd done enough sight-seeing and we planned to go to the night safari in the eveing, so we thought we'd have a relaxing day. At breakfast we met another English girl, Lindsey who wanted to the same thing as us so we agreed to go and get food for a picnic and then go and chill in the Botanical gardens.

We found a nice spot near one of the lakes where we listened to music and read our books for a few hours. Lindsey decided she wanted to go to the zoo as well as the night safari so we agreed to meet up with her later that evening. I took a walk around the gardens and visted the ginger garden as well as the bonsai and cactus gardens.

We walked back along Orchard road (the main shopping street in Singapore) and then got the MRT (train) to the station nearest to the zoo and then got a taxi the rest of the way. We successfully met up with Stephan and Claudia as well as Lindsey at the entrance but after that Mel and I managed to loose everyone!!

We thought that it would be best to go and see the creatures of the night show first and do the tram ride after so Mel and I set off to the amphithetre and saved seats for the others assuming that they were following... 10mins later as the show started we realised that they weren't so we by text we agreed to meet them at the end when we'd all finished!

The show was good but some of the animals weren't in the mood for being co-operative! The show lasted about 30mins and we got to see racoons, otters, hyenas, and many others. After that we jumped on a tram to take us round the rest of the night safari.

Half way round we got off and walked round the leopard trail. At first we couldn't really spot any of the animals! It wasn't a very long walk and then after that we got back on the tram for the rest of the journey. Our guide was really funny and pointed out all the animals to us, including some very fat crocodiles.... they were actually hippos!

While we waited for the others to finish we went to the Ben&Jerry's cafe for an ice-cream (or 2 in my case!). When they arrived back we decided to get the bus to the MRT station and then get the MRT the rest of the way back. However a lack of forward planning meant that we hadn't realised that it was a Sunday and by the time the bus got us to the MRT we'd missed the last train so we had to get a taxi back!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb