Day 18


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a late night of celebrations for my birthday the group had agreed to meet at 10 for breakfast because it was the last day before we all went our separate ways. The breakfast at the hotel was included so we made the most of it! We exchanged email addresses so that we could keep in contact with everyone. Claudia and Stephan gave me a chinese braclet and good luck charm for my birthday and then Sharn bought in a chocolate cake with candles on for Mark and me! We blew the candles out and then cut the cake so that everyone could have some... it was yummy!

Mel and I then went back up to our room so that we could repack because we had to check ou of the hotel. Mel gave me the other half of my birthday present (the first half, a bracelet, she gave to me when we got back in our drunken state!!). The speed packing (or throwing stuff into our bags!) was going quite well until Mel put her hand into her back and sliced her finger open on her razor!

We then set off to the zoo with Steve, Jen and Lisa. The zoo was really good and we were amazed at how close you could get to the animals, yet none of them seemed to be behind bars! All that was separating them from us was a small hedge and a ditch! It took us a few hours to walk round the zoo and see all the animals that we wanted to see.

Steve and Jen were leaving to go to Darwin that evening so we went to chinatown for some food before they left for the airport. After that Mel, Lisa and I got our bags from the hotel and successfully found the way to our hostel, in the middle of the red light district! It felt strange being on our own for the first time and not having someone telling us when the bus was going to leave or giving us directions for how to get somewhere!

We decided to have a quite night in because were exhausted after 2 weeks on the go!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb