Day 17


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After another early start we were on our way on our journey into the 'ultra modern' country of Singapore by bus.

Following two more passport controls we arrived at our hotel in the middle of Singapore's China town. There were decorations everywhere celebrating the new year which is in the middle of February.

It took around 5 hours to travel down from Melaka so we only had time for a quick wander around the shops including spending half an hour trying to work our which intensive conditioner to get, before going back to the hotel to get ready. It was our last night with the group, sniff sniff, so a few of us headed out for the infamous Sigapore Slings before meeting with the rest of the group later on.

Despite getting taxis at the same time, Jen Lisa and Steve had arrived 10minutes before Em, Claudia, Stephan and myself. By the time we got there Steve had already been asked to leave the hotel because he wasn't dressed to their liking!!! We settled ourselves in the Long Bar and munched our way throught a fair amount of monkey nuts even before the slings got there. The Sling's were gorgeous, a mixture of gin, cherry brandy, pineapple juice, lime juice, cointeau and grenadine. They were really good. In the long bar it is custom to throw the shells of the nuts on the floor, which we thought was a bit rude but went along with it and ended up having huge piles of shells around our feet as none of us had eaten dinner!

We met up with the rest of the group in a club called 'Bumble Beez'. It was a complete dive and full of sixteen year olds but it was a right laugh and after a few jugs of alcohol it didn't seem that bad at all. The night turned out to be really good fun and everyone was sad it was our last night together. To welcome in the next day and along with it Emma's 22nd birthday, we moved to a slightly classier jazz bar to have cocktails at midnight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb