Singapore - change of plans


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
January 25th 2007
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The first days of our journey we are reporting from Singapore...

'One of the cleanest and organised places I have visited, with the most welcoming people from all around Asia!!! A strict seperations of chinese, indian and arab quarters does not take the fact away, that on the streets you will meet varied colours of people making Singapore a perfect starting location coming from a western into asian culture. It is a vibrant, modern but yet historical city, which I am still seeking to grasp the 'true character' from. This might be due to the diversity of architecture, cultures, foods, shops etc. or just due to my horrendeous jack lack - I have slept 30min last night. yawn...' (Katja)

"The only way to describe the city is to call it a fusion of Asian cultures. The city is so surreal that its hard to believe its a real place, with real people who actually live here on a day to day basis. I cant imagine to live here....

Already we have met some crazy people, one guy has been travelling since 1994 and has been working a prison in Papa new guine another girl has been going for the past 8 years on and off, only returning to her home country, Germany, jesus there are so many germans here!!, to earn money and then go travelling. She is training to become a dive master and has offered us her services, Katja is over the moon.

Crazy foods: #

*Matawa, bread and egg role filled with chicken and curry (from the best muslim food restaurant)
*snack on green mango slices with a salt/chilli dip (not bad, a new nuts flavour?)
*all sorts of drinks in a can like jasmin tea, barley drinks, flower drinks... and the coke for Ali

You might have asked yourselves why Singapore... �hange of plans. Mr constant challenge - is a new and testing friend of ours. One day before our flight to Australia our travel agent informed us that Ali's visa was referred and would not be accepted for up to in 2 weeks. You might imagine our reaction, which frankly to say was more a schock than any emotion itself.

Having said this, it is a new opportunity for us to see more of Singapore and Malaysia. We are leaving tomorrow night on a night bus to Penang a popular island on Malaysia's west coast.



Advertisement



31st January 2007

I am sure you will face many more challanges over the next few months I can not wait for the next installment. Keep safe luv Susan

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb