Day 1 - the plane trip


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
January 22nd 2006
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Quick run down on what we did before the plane trip:
We left for Sydney at around 9am, got to the hotel, checked in then went and had some lunch nearby. Met up with Ash and her parents in the arvo before we went for dinner at the rowing club down the road. After checking in at the airport, we wondered around for a while then it was time to say our goodbyes and go board our plane.

As we walked through to the boarding gates area, we got a lecture from guy saying that we were meant to have been in there an hour earlier but we had gone off what our ticket said so i think he was just crazy and didn't know what he was talking about!
We boarded the plane pretty much straight away and as we walked through the aisles to find our seats, we both commented on how much better Qantas was than Thai...we hadn't taken any notice of the fact that we were walking through the business class area and not economy but when we found our seats, they were still much better than Thai. The best thing was, and probably the only difference between the airlines, we had little tv screens in the backs of the seats!! They had latest release movies like "The 40 year old virgin", "Just like heaven", "Into the blue" and a few others that i didn't get to watch. There were games, tv stations and radio on them as well so I was thoroughly amused for hours on end!!

On the first part of the trip (Sydney - Singapore) we had dinner, supper then breakfast served. The next leg (Singapore - London) we got breakfast again, lunch and then a little snack bag.

So that was pretty much our plane trip...we only got a few hours sleep because we had little kids in front of us singing along to the wiggles that were on the tv. So by the time we arrived, we were absolutely stuffed!! Oh, i almost forgot...there was some guy smoking in the toilets of our plane!!!! It was crazy!!! Not sure what happened to him but he got caught out by a hostess walking past!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb