Boracay


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
January 8th 2008
Published: January 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Boracay - the most amazing water I have ever seen. The sand powder fine and the water aqua blue and you can see every detail below even with the water at neck length. Just amazing.

Everyone gets around in these makeshift motor bikes things - not sure the name. Will post the pictures tomorrow (out of camera battery at the moment). There are tons of these so when on the road the exhaust is terrible - worst than Bangkok!!! Apparently the language spoken here is taglish? But we went to "d'mall" and "don't park in d'driveway" on your way to "d'market". Ha ha.

We did a lot of lounging around the beach here during the day, some massages in a tree house, and found a great Italian place on the beach with a good wine list for the evening. Complete with hermit crabs running around our tables. This was followed by intense games of kaiser and sequence whilst drinking $1.50 26 oz of rum. Did I say $1.50? And it is smooth rum too. Bets are on the line and right now the boys are leading at 9-7 but Danielle and I plan to put it away (as this means a new purse for us).

We did get a longtail and go snorkelling one day. Was super choppy, a bit intense but the snorkelling was amazing with triggers, clown, and angel fish. Apparently the Philippines only has 10% of their reef and rainforest left. Pretty sad as it is to be inexistent by 2100. Our boat conked out on us on the way back as the propeller hit one of the reefs (hmmm) so we pull ashore on the beaches and had a bunch of kids swim out to play. Cute.

That's all for now...check back tomorrow for pictures.







Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



10th January 2008

rum rum ohhh the rum
Always thought the rum in Cuba was the best but after I tried the Philippine tanduay dark rhum mmmmmmmmmmm it is the best in da world. Like you said its soooo smoooth.
25th January 2008

Ahh, Boracay!
That place always puts a smile on my face! Glad you guys enjoyed the island - you guys did, right? Great blog, mate!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb