Philippines Holiday


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
December 13th 2007
Published: December 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 10





Had a swim before breakfast, then we did some group picture taking in the Somerset Salcedo.



Then with Ronald & family we rode a Jeepney to Landmark (more shops !).

Around 12:30 we left to go to the Domestic Airport. At the airport, the traffic was chaotic, inside the terminal not much better.



The Domestic is actually quite small-just the size of a big hall. The departure lounge is a common area for all flights. When you go through security, you also need to pay a departure Tax.



Our flight was supposed to leave at 3:00 pm, however, it did not leave until after 3:30 pm. The flight was smooth. No food is included, but you can buy some onboard. You can also buy gifts. One thing they did do was to have some games, for which there was prizes.



We arrived at Kalibo Airport just after 4:30 pm. After collecting our luggage, we boarded the bus to Caticlan. On the bus, they were showing the King Kong DVD on the TV screens with sub-titles in broken English which made us laugh as the translation was so poor.The bus trip took us approx. 2 hours. By the time we arrived in Caticlan it was already dark.

At Caticlan, we had to unlock all of our baggage for a security check & pay a terminal fee , before we could board the boat to Boracay.



We boarded the boat for the short trip to Boracay. The luggage was stored in an open area on top of the roof (we were a bit worried that it might fall off). The trip lasted about 15 minutes.




Once off the boat, we boarded a transport vehicle (luggage on the roof again)
for the short trip to Station 2 & arrived at our Hotel - the Regency.

At the reception, we met Jun & Lucy (who were also holidaying from Sydney). It took about 20 minutes to check in & finally we made it in our rooms 147 & 174.



Shortly after, we decided to have our Dinner (which was included in our Accommodation deal). The dinner was buffet style, all the food was in food warmers on the beachfront.



While having Dinner, we met Eleanor & Michael & Pat & family (who had arrived a day earlier than us). After dinner, we had a walk around some of the Beachfront shops. Along the beach are a number of Sandcastles.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0849s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb