How far?. Pokhara!.


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
September 26th 2006
Published: October 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Lunchtime snackLunchtime snackLunchtime snack

Anyone for supersize snail?
Up at 5am (this is getting to be a habit) to get a mini bus back to Kathmandu and then a Tourist Bus onto Pokhara. Buses here were all arranged by Inrepid (they use Royal Mountain Travel locally - good recommendation). All the buses were comfy and well specced - much better than our India Exploits...

The buses stop a few times for bfast and lunch - we ended up not paying for some food as the bus disappeared in a hurry and there was a bit of confustion - maybe on the way back?...

Arrived in Pokhara late afternoon at a reasonable hotel called the "Lake View Resort". Its got a good view and is chilled out.
Pokhara is just jammed full of ripped off NorthFace gear - rucksacks, sleeping bags, duvet jackets etc. Its really mad as all the shops are selling it, but most of it is badly made in china. I guess the Nepal Rep is not doing his job too well!. Its weird though as if you went up into the mountains in some of this stuff you could end up in trouble....

Bex was dragged onto the stage after dinner to add some western embiance to the local entertainment. The group was full of enthusiasm and smiled loads - dont know how they managed it as it looked really energetic.

Had a midnight visit from a rat, but we heard it rustling in our food bags and managed to scare it off. The guys next door were not so lucky and it made off with a packet of biccies!. Must remember to block the door up the next time we stay here.....



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Paul by the lakePaul by the lake
Paul by the lake

(looking lovely!!)
Relaxing in the rainRelaxing in the rain
Relaxing in the rain

Hope it stops before the leeches come out!


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb