Impromptu trek


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
November 22nd 2011
Published: November 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There were no operations scheduled for the afternoon so I decided to trek to a lookout with some of the other medical students.

We were unsure how to get there and we asked many people about the best route to take. With a text book Nepali answer they all pointed to the lookout and said "that way." Anyway, we got lost multple times and ended up bush bashing our way to the top through jungle and leeches. It was definitely worth it. We past through farms, meandering cows and bleeting goats to reach the top where there was a Buddhist temple.

The view of the Annapurnas was amazing. I also noticed blood on the steps of the temple and followed it round to the sacrificial alter where some animal had been slaughtered.

We got lost on the way down and took a really long route. It turned out that we headed back aside the river which was nice anyway.

On the bus on the way home a young Nepali boy politely asked if he could stand in front of me near the door. Him and his friend were pretending to be bus boys yelling out the stops
TrekTrekTrek

One of the many farms we passed through
and banging on the wall of the bus. They couldn't mimick completely as they were unable to whistle but tried all the way home!

Unfortunately my photos can't be uploaded at the moment!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Sacrifical siteSacrifical site
Sacrifical site

I noticed blood on the stairway into the temple


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb