Travelling India to Nepal


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
March 11th 2010
Published: March 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

I left you last saying I was going to Agra and the monkey temple, it is now the 11th March so I've got a bit more to say.

Just before we left Jaipur there was an Indian wedding celebration taking place so we had a little goosey and people were welcoming and loads of kids wanted to say hello and practice more of their English which is a thing I don't mind at all. The fireworks were amazing and it was a really energtic evening, dancing that is.

The next morning we arrived at Agra went to Agra fort which was prety cool but we are kind of getting bored of Forts now once you've seen one it sort of repeats itself. The next morning 6am we of course visited the Taj Mahal. It is as good as any photo. It may have cost 3 times more than anywhere else but its very elegant and the symmetry just makes this place so photogenic.

Our 9:15pm sleeper train to Varanasi arrived about 30 mins late, but once on board it was a lot better than i was anticipating. We both managed to get to sleep no probs there was no noise from other areas and the train was pretty quite too. Which is good as we had a 13 hr journey ahead of us.

Varanasi was really nice we only spent 6 hrs here but we managed to make our way down to the Ganges and see the Ghat where one had a funeral ceremony taking place, where they burn the body and float it down the river, which was pretty cool.

We then got a bus to Sunali, border of India/Nepal. This is most certainly the worst journey I have ever done. The bus duration was 12 hrs on a broken seat which hurt after 5 mins and crammed in place by an overcrowed audience. The roads were horrendous it was bouncing about like no-ones business.

After surviving that we arrived and got into Nepal no probs, and then got a bus which had 'bad boys' written on the back, after refusing to take one of the tourist offices buses due to an argument that got a little out of hand. This bus ws slightly better than the first but the driver was nuts we stopped every 5-10 mins to cram more people in which got very annoying especiall as it was a 8 hour journey.

All travelled out we finally arrived at Pokhara, and with our stubbornness refused to take any offers of taxi rides or hotels in the lakside area and instead walked the 1hr walk with all our bags in the heat of the day. We've loosened up abit now. Pokhara is really nice, not much electricity, only comes on past 6:30pm which isn't great sometimes but you don't get hassled or bullied into something you don't want to do. We rented a bike and decided to have a ride up this massive hill, it pretty much killed me! Then we glided back down and rented a boat Lake Fewa to a temple which lies in the middle, temple wasn't great but the canoe was pretty awesome!

Tomorrow we are heading to Kathmandu getting ready for Everest!!

Speak to you soon,

Smithy 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb