Day #19 - Lukla to Kathmandu


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Lukla
December 4th 2012
Published: December 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

With bags packed, it was time to say goodbye to the Himalaya. An early flight from Lukla to Kathmandu awaited. Unlike the flight out to Lukla, the return flight held no concerns - possibly on account of the crazy mad helicopter flight the day before which trumped any short take off or landing flight at Lukla by a country mile.

The return flight to Lukla went without a hitch, as did navigating our way out of the domestic terminal to our transport for the hotel. Finally arriving back at the Shangri-La hotel after some 15 days was wonderful - a chance for a proper shower and some decent civilised food and beer - and a super comfy bed by previous standards. The first thing everyone did when arriving at the hotel was head for the morning breakfast buffet and pig out on bacon! Definitely tasted better than Yal Burger.

The afternoon was spent in Thamel looking and bargaining for souveniers - just had to make sure they were not too big to fit in my rucksack for the return flight home on Sunday.

In the evening it was time for our last supper together as a group. It was a fairly somber and sober affair at Rum Doodle - an interesting restaurant in Thamel where plenty of trekking groups seem to end of up judging by the pelthora of messages written on 2 foot sized wooden feet hanging from the ceiling. Of course we created our own "Mountain Machines" coloured in foot to hang with the rest of them and create our own little bit of history for others to look at in future.

Tomorrow would see some of the group depart Nepal for their home towns, and therefore this marks the end of my adventures in Nepal. I shall be staying on for a few days to chill out before returning home myself on Sunday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb