Day #18 - Lukla Pt 4


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Lukla
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Mark and I soldiered on in the Irish bar until well after dark. Stepping outside into the dark was somewhat of a suprise - and something neither of us had thought too much about or prepared for. We headed off back towards the airport where our lodge was, and once we passed the last of the lighted shops it occured to us they neither of us had a torch, and in the asbence of any street lights - this was a bit of a predicament.

Mark and I stumbled on resolutely in the dark across the rocky and uneven street for a few metres or so, until some nice Nepalese woman appeared out of nowhere and shone her torch at our feet to guide our way. She did this for the 5 minutes it took us to get to our lodge. We both arrived safely, wallets and honour in tact and stumbled in through the door, to lots of mirth from our guides. It was a great way to spend our last night in the Himalaya, and the unknown woman symbolised the many people we had met along the way. Despite the yawning wealth gap between Westerners and Nepalese they always were happy to help and rarely required anything in return.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb