The last Resort


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
July 17th 2010
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Have had an unreal few days in kathmandu....visited a whole lot of temples and Durbar squares - Boudnath (big buddhist monument), , Pahipati (where they cremate people by the river) and Patan (Durbar square), met up with the group - 8 people all single and in 20s/early 30s (except for the old couple). Im the only Aussie. The Drago crew seems pretty nice. Had a massive night in Kathmandu at Tom and Jerry's Pub.

The Nepalise people are so chilled and relaxeD. And the weather is sooo hot!

Left Kathmandu today and drove for a few hours through amazing green lush countryside, muddy roads (if you could call them that). So beautiful.

Called the Last Resort because it is literally the last resort before coming to the Nepal- Tibet border.

OMG - massive suspension bridge across massive river on the way into the tented resort. I hate heights and caused a major traffic jam on the wy across - holding both sides and moving at a pace reserved for old people...

This is where they do bungee and bridge swing. We had been talking the previous night in the pub how much I hate heights and Dan (truck driver) was trying to convince me to do it. When we got there we resumed this conversation, and now bridge swing caeme into the equation...apparently it was more 'hardcore' than the bungee. 160 metres high....apparently the biggest in the world.... "well damn if im going to kill myself I may as well do it 'hardcore'....!

It was expensive 75US$ but it had to be done. Dan, Lauren and I signed up. I went last. " Yeah thanks for that guys".

The worst part was getting to the edge of the pltform with the river rushing below and nothing standing between you and death...beside a shoestring width rope!! 1,2,3 ahhhhhhhhhhhh

The walk back up with no shoes was the hard part.

Anyway all done... and I was skipping across the suspension bridge no hands like a local 😊

Went in the plunge pool, had a few beers and settled into a cool tent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 243, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lesbian outfits for vPotala PalaceLesbian outfits for vPotala Palace
Lesbian outfits for vPotala Palace

Potala Palace is where the DL lived in Lhasa until the Chinese took over.
Best Chinese Banquet evaBest Chinese Banquet eva
Best Chinese Banquet eva

In Shigatse...couldnt read menu. Best food ever!!


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb