kathmandu


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
September 6th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

SDC10359SDC10359SDC10359

tallest peak to the left is mt Everest
Hi guys just updating my blog from my time in Katmandu but it will be rather short because it has been a while since we where there and the crazy party place of Bangkok has made me extremely tied and lazy getting a flight to Hanoi today to chill out and drink some 10p beer.

Anyway we went rafting on our way to Katmandu which was amazing, there was a kid in our rafting who was annoyingly screaming with exciting even though it was calm rapids and not that exciting, I was getting annoyed because of his high pitched squeal and boring rapids. Then we turned a corner and it started getting really good and the kids squeals turned into squeals of fear and he started crying as the boat almost capsized which brought me much joy, I know that sounds horrible taking pleasure from a 12 year boy crying but he was really annoying. I can’t explain the smile that was going on in my brain when I looked round to see if anyone had fallen out the boat and I saw his bottom lip going.

We arrived in Katmandu after 4 hours riding on top of a
SDC10311SDC10311SDC10311

budhist monk chanting
bus and where excited because there was more of a party seen than any over place we have been to in a long time. We had a week there so our time was divided into sight seeing and nights out. We done an average sight seeing tour around Katmandu and went to see all the things there are to see in the town. There was no need for a guide or anything we knew where we wanted to go so we only needed a driver for the day. Here is some advice for a traveler who doesn’t want to be over priced for a taxi, ideally there should be two of you and at the same time you both speak to a driver about a price for where you want to go, they will both give you a high price but then you come together with your friend and you choose one of them to get the ball rolling and watch them each at a time come down in price to try and get your custom, in the end one of them gives up because the price gets too low for him and after that make sure you agree the price that he came down too get him to say it if you have too.

The next sight seeing we decide to do was the Mount Everest flight experience, unfortunate we had to pay a lot of money the trick mentioned in the above text doesn’t work with planes. I would love to sit here and tell you that this epic adventure lived up to my expectations but I would be lying it was too cloudy to get the views of Everest that are advertised which we did discuss could be a factor but we decided to take a chance because not knowing if we missed out on an amazing experience was too much for us and it’s not everyday you have that type of opportunity.

With them trips and a bit of partying that was our time in Katmandu, reading back through this Katmandu sounds rather boring but the thing is everyday day you are in Nepal you can go somewhere and see views that blow your mind and are incredible that you try to take in but after seeing them basically everyday it just becomes part of your life and you get used to living everyday in beautiful surroundings.

After 3 connecting flights we have spent 3 days in Bangkok and are now waiting to go to Hanoi. Not going to write a blog on Bangkok because we are coming back after Vietnam and Cambodia and I didn’t take any photos here yet because I know I am coming back.

Really looking forward to Vietnam and trying to discover the cheap beer everyone has told us about and im sure there are over things to do there as well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

SDC10318SDC10318
SDC10318

stairs leading up to monkey temple
SDC10320SDC10320
SDC10320

kathmandu valley


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb