Chitwan National Park


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Chitwan
October 17th 2006
Published: November 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After our trek in the mountains, we hit the jungles of South Nepal. We stayed just two nights, but managed to pack in quite a few activities.

On the first day, we visited the elephant breeding centre to see the baby elephants. The next day, we got up early and into a canoe for our first taste of the jungle. The canoe took us along a river filled with deadly crocodiles and onto the bank for a 4-hour walk in the wilderness; we didn't see much crazy wildlife on the walk unfortunately, just big red insects and wild chickens.

The elephant safari later that day was far more exciting. We got the chance to meet and decorate our elephant before he pulled us up by his trunk, over his head, and into the Paolquin (seat). On this trip we were lucky enough to see a number of wild rhino, peacocks and deer among other creatures. The elephant led us right into the heart of the jungle, tearing down huge branches as it crashed through the undergrowth. As the elephant is the king of the animals we knew we were safe from attack!

The last activity worth mentioning was
Decorating the elephantsDecorating the elephantsDecorating the elephants

This is the elephant who took us on our safari. For those of you who can enlarge your pictures, you will see what football related message David left on this elephant!
the Chitwan cultural program we were treated to on our last night. This was both entertaining and funny, especially when a man came out in a convincing peacock suit and began prancing about in an hilarious manner. We then joined in with the last act on stage which was a lot of fun.

This pretty much concluded our time in Nepal which was quite sad, as it really was a cool travel destination and we would definitely recommend it both for it's sheer variety, and for its relaxed atmosphere.

We took the bus back to Kathmandu the next morning and stayed one night there before boarding the plane back to Delhi to catch our flight to Hong Kong, in anticipation of our China tour. Watch this space...




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Anyone for pud?Anyone for pud?
Anyone for pud?

Not everything in Chitwan was amazing; this has to be the least inspiring dessert I've ever been offered (food was included in the price of the tour as you might have worked out).


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb