Annapurna Trek


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna
October 9th 2006
Published: November 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Kathmandu after a short flight from Delhi. The differences were immediately apparent. The bars and people were relaxed and the atmosphere was totally different to India. We spent time arranging our trek and got ready to leave on the bus to Pokhara, a town on the edge of the Annapurna range.

Our trek lasted five days in total and we felt safe in the hands of our trusty guide and porter. Our guide, Ram, had 21 years of experience in the Himalayas, including assisting Edmund Hillary on an Everest expedition! The porter was only 19 and was from the Gurkha region of Nepal. Judging by his strength he really could have been a Gurkha soldier; he carried all our equipment in one enormous backpack up huge mountains leaving us, breathless, behind him.

The trekking was much harder than we had predicted but we did it, and it felt great. Long days, early mornings, fresh air, challenging hills and magnificent views were our meat and drink in this beautiful corner of the world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

David with an orphan kittenDavid with an orphan kitten
David with an orphan kitten

This doesn't have much to do with Nepal but it was so cute we had to show you. This kitten's mum had gone missing a few days before and it mewed continually.


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb