Cameron Highlands - Day 9


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
September 12th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

10th September 2010
We got up, had breakfast and made our way down to reception for 8.45am. We were being picked up for the Rainforest Adventure Tour which was a full days tour trekking through the rainforest to find the Rafflesia, which is the largest flower in the world.
The truck drove for an hour or so on the normal roads before a 20 minute off-road drive to the start of the trek. It was going to take us between 60 and 90 minutes to get to it and then the same on the way back. There had been rain in the last 8 days so the route was pretty slippery and actually quite dangerous. We eventually got to the flower after about 80 minutes of climbing up and down hills, over small streams and fallen trees. The flower was pretty big but it hadn’t fully bloomed yet. The flowers grow for about 2 years and only bloom for 5-7 days.
Everyone was so tired when we got there and we still had to get ourselves all way back again, our legs were quivering and we were all starting to slip, I slipped a few times and managed to cut my leg.  We finally got back to the truck and we drove back down the off-road path and to an Aborigine Village where we had a blowpipe demonstration and a small village tour before heading to the Tea Plantations for lunch. After lunch we drove up to see the Mossey Forest. We did a 10 minute bridge walk over the forest to see the different trees and plants that grow in the forest and then he took us up to the highest point to check out the views. On the way back we stopped off at one of the strawberry farms.
We got back around 7pm and went for dinner at the same place as the night before. We had a few more drinks back at the hostel and were up until about 2.30. This weren’t very cleaver as we were leaving at 7am in the morning!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb