Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highlands - Day 8


Advertisement
Asia
September 11th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

9th September 2010
We had a free morning to what we wanted before leaving for the Cameron Highlands at midday. We we had a little lay in and made our way to the National Mosque. It took us about 30 minutes to get there (again getting lost on the way) and we only spend about 10 minutes inside. We had to cover up so we were given a robe and head scarf to wear whilst we were inside the mosque. There wasn’t much to see inside as we weren’t allowed into the main prayer room and some of the other bits were under construction. We decided to get a cab back to the hostel so we could finish of packing and get checked out before midday.
We had a small minivan which took us to the Cameron Highlands; it took about 4 hours and the last 2 hours we were driving through the mountains on little windy roads.
We got to our Hostel (Kang Travellers lodge) around 4 and settled into our rooms. So far this was the worst hostel we have seen, very basic and the sink leaked quite badly in the bathroom. The village we were staying in was literally one street and as it was the end of Ramadan most things were shut for the public holiday. We met up with Tony (the tour leader) for a few games of cards before heading to a local restaurant for food. Again the food was pretty cheap. After dinner we stayed up for a few drinks and went to bed about 1 ish.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb