Back in Asia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 23rd 2006
Published: October 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

In two weeks we hit 5 different countries.... now thats impressive!

we arrived in Singapore at 10:30 at night on a holiday and didnt have any acommodation booked. after calling about 10 different guest houses we finally found one that had a free room. It was called hotel 81 and it was in the red light district of singapore. wasnt exactly the nicest part of the country but we survived. while in singapore we visited the zoo. I have to say hands down it was the nicest zoo i've been to! they had every animal imaginable and it was under 15 dollars canadian. we are hoping to see more of singapore after thailand.

The next country we went to was Malaysia. we decided to arrive in style so we took the luxury bus. it had huge leather massage chairs, our own personal tvs with english channels, they fed us a meal which i have to say was gross. it was soggy or crunchy rice with little dried out fish mixed in, shrimp with the head and legs still attached in a spicy spicy sauce and half of a hard boiled egg! ..... we went hungry. when we arrived in kuala lumpur the nice taxi driver we flagged down ripped us off. he charged us 20 ringget instead of 5. so the cab ride was 6 dollars canadian instead of a dollar fifty. we now know that you have to ask him to use the meter! oh and it is a muslim holiday in malaysia as well so the prices are higher and we cant fly out until the end of the week. kuala lumpur, the capital of malaysia, is a very very nice city. the people are super friendly. i am thoroughly enjoying the cheapness. compared to australia I'M RICH. you can buy a large mcdonalds meal for 2 dollars or less. kuala lumpur also has a huge 10 story shopping mall and you can barter. personally i think this mall is way way bigger and better than west ed! they have a bigger better roller coster and the whole mall just looks nicer! At night the streets move with rats... big ones.

on the 27th we are flying to phuket. i cant wait to get back to thailand!

love you all!!!

Emily

ps happy birthday to my grandma Tanner (sorry its late)

Advertisement



30th October 2006

How are you?
Hi Em and Cody, Thanks for the latest update on your blog. You must be in Thailand by now. We had our first snowfall this weekend and there is quite a bit of it. Think of us while you are on the beach!! Take care and be safe. Love Auntie V. xoxoxox

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb