Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
May 22nd 2008
Published: May 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So took a flight from Bali on the 10th May, really sad to leave, back to traveling alone again! Arrived in Kuala Lumpur(KL) and after wandering around the airport for ages finally worked out how to get to the centre. Got the bus straight to China town and managed to locate a hostal. Had to wait a day before I could go to the embassy, so just explored China town and enjoyed some new foods.

Went to the embassy first thing Monday morning to get a new passport. Far too much money and a couple of very traveler-esque photos later, sorted my application, ready in two weeks!

Hadn't really planned any sort of travel itinerary so after consulting the guide, organised a bus up to the Cameron Highlands. Ended up waiting in the bus station for 6 hrs and just as I was starting to plan another night in KL they finally sorted a bus. Found nice hostel in Tanah Rata though, very cheap and complete with bar and tv room etc!

Next day went for a hike up into the jungle with Holly ( fellow bus passenger) on one of the many tracks that start all around
Cameron HighlandsCameron HighlandsCameron Highlands

View from the top of one of the many walking tracks
the town. Really nice to be out and about, had to waste far too much time in KL. Spent the rest of the day eating curry (3 in one day!) and watching another downpour, luckily waited until we were back in the safety of the hostal.

Were thinking about going on a day tour of the tea plantaions etc, but decided just to do it on our own, cheap! Went over to the Boh tea plantation, not hugely exciting but really nice views and walks through all the tea, and a very nice cup of green tea (and of course cake), in the cafe. Walked back to get the bus and found a Honey farm so went to investigate. Lots of flowers and hives etc, but not really any bee's to be seen. The owners had realised the fact that people may want to actually see bee's so placed lots of huge cartoon plastic bee's everywhere! Very funny!

Organised a bus to the Perenthians for the next day, so up at 7am and into a mini bus. Didn't take too long and we were soon on a speed boat over to the islands. Really excited to be going
Boh Tea PlantationsBoh Tea PlantationsBoh Tea Plantations

Cameron Highlands
back to an island, although very conscious that it wasn't going to be Gili T. Pleasantly suprised though and it wasn't quite as touristy and over-developed as I thought.

Straight back into island mode and spent the next few days not really doing a huge amount, reading, swimming, eating, a spot of snorkelling in very murky water and enjoying the brilliant music selection in the local bar (for once not actually joking about the music!).

Finally organised a trip snorkelling which was really good, sharks, turtles, lots of fish and coral etc. Although disturbed a black tip reef shark having a nap, don't think it was best impressed. Normally harmless but watching it circle me and swim straight at me, wasn't so convinced. Thankfully lost interest though but was a little scary!

Went on the sugar wreck dive the next day, really impressive 18m long ship on its side. A little cloudy and a little scary as it was my first proper wreck dive but was loads of fun! Loads of the ship still intact and loads of fish everywhere. Left the islands the same afternoon, heading back to KL to fetch my passport.

So in
Enjoying a lovely cup of fresh ChaEnjoying a lovely cup of fresh ChaEnjoying a lovely cup of fresh Cha

mmm..tea! And looking suitably thrilled by it all!
KL at the mo, and have a flight over to Borneo tomorrow for 3wks, very excited! Hopefully will be able to steal some pics off other people again!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Huge plastic beeHuge plastic bee
Huge plastic bee

just couldn't help but laugh
Sea EagleSea Eagle
Sea Eagle

relaxing on the beach with all the holiday makers
Snorkelling tripSnorkelling trip
Snorkelling trip

looking a little wet


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb