Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 21st 2007
Published: October 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Kuala Lumpur and headed for the China town area of the city as most of the accomodation is located here. We stayed in one hostel on the first night, and only found out about the late night curfew after we had paid (half eleven is tekking the P if you ask me!!). This was a massive problem as Bham were playing against liverpool that night.....kickoff just after 10pm. If you work it all out.....we have a MASSIVE problem...and i missed the last 20 mins of the game.

We moved and ended up staying somewhere in the middle of a massive market which we though was cool......and hadnt really considered that every time we left the hostel we would have people selling us watches, t shirts and handbags! The place it self was really nice though....a modern hotel with immaculately tiled bathroom and a well comfy bed - most important though we had a TV with all the live premiership games!! And yes....i woke up and got to watch the last 20 mins on a repeat!!

Well...the one thing to go and see in Kuala Lumpur is the Petronas towers...the largest twin towers in the world. Having woken up well early to get the free tickets to get in.....we joined the commuters and took the metro across town and were surprised to find that we were first in the queue.....45 mins early! We got a coffee, and sat down feeling pretty smug that we were first......... and would get a decent time to go up the the viewing platform. Closer to the half 8 opening time we noticed no-one else was joining our queue...... and started wondering what was going on. Then we noticed the sign on the wall....... 'Not Open on Mondays'. Bloody Typical. Ive never liked mondays and stuff like this is the reason for it! Oh well....we had a look round the giant mall and made the best of a bad situation. We went for a stroll to the KL tower, (another huge tower), which we could go up to the top for a fee. This turned out to be better than the twin towers as you not only go higher, but you get a panoramic View and a personal computer guide thing that explains everything your looking at!

We really liked KL, partly because we had a really nice place to stay, but as it was such a chilled place. We went and saw a couple of movies, Mark got his hair done at some swanky salon for a fiver, and Bex bought a couple of pairs of high heeled shoes!! HARDCORE TRAVELING!

Forgot to mention that this place is shopping heaven - certainly for Bex. There are lots of huge malls (one had an indoor theme park with a rollercoaster) and a mall dedicated to electronics!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb