Borneo Update - Part III


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
June 16th 2008
Published: June 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yeah I know 'another one'! Gonna be the last one for a while though. Just thought i'd do one quick short one with the last bits from Borneo.

Took a day off to recover from climbing that beast of a mountain and then took a night bus down to Semporna. Not known as one of the nicer places in Borneo and arriving at 4am probably wasn't my best idea. But after a couple of hours kip onto the boat to Sipidan. Known as one of the best sites in the world and didn't disappoint. Passed Mabul on the way also, cool houses. Before we even got into the water we could see turtles swimming round the boat! Beautiful weather aswell, been a while since I'd seen proper sun. Been raining most days the rest of my time in Borneo!

First dive followed by an hour sunning myself on top of the boat, second dive followed by lunch on Sipidan. Couldn't resist the sea so had a dip and then onto the boat for number three. All amazing sites and saw far too many things for me to list. But loads of white tip/grey reef sharks, loads of turtles and saw my first big barracuda. Unfortunately didn't see the classic huge schools of barracuda circling but was cool to see a few swim by just off the reef. Loads and loads of other fish and my most relaxing dives yet and way exceeded my longest dive so all good! Very hard to descirbe the experience and did get some cool underwater photos on someone else's camera, so if they materialise then I'll stick them on. But yeah...if you get the chance dive sipidan!

Back to Semporna to watch some people do some snorkel tests, basically a cocktail funnel/snorkel, final challenge to become dive master. Always funny to watch.

Wasn't too bothered about sticking around in Semporna so went back to KK the next morning. Couple of days to waste wandering and sorting flights etc, before my flight back to KL. Third time in KL and as I now have a camera again, thought I'd stick a few pics up of the area I've been staying in. Off to Hat Yai (thailand) tonight on the train and then straight on to Bangkok (only a 35hr journey!) Done too much flying of late, so trying out a sleeper cabin, luxury! Hopefully will actually get to see some scenery although most of it is overnight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Dive timeDive time
Dive time

only taken 17 dives to get a photo!
Me after a dipMe after a dip
Me after a dip

looking very curly
Kota KinabaluKota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu

View over the square I'm staying on.
Sunday MarketSunday Market
Sunday Market

Kota Kinabalu
Fairwell BorneoFairwell Borneo
Fairwell Borneo

The sea, KK and Mt Kinabalu in the background. Covered in the morning mist.
Kuala Lumpur from afarKuala Lumpur from afar
Kuala Lumpur from afar

Third time...hoping not to have to return again...this trip anyway!
Kuala LumpurKuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur

China town
Petaling Market - China TownPetaling Market - China Town
Petaling Market - China Town

lots of..'you look yes!' 'nice watches' etc...and loads of good food stalls.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb