Day 09 - Cameron Highlands to Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
September 11th 2010
Published: September 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Gettin up at 6.30 was a challenge after the night before! I slept all the way to Penang Bridge - the bridge from the mainland to the island. Getting over the bridge was slow as there was some kind of fire.

Exhausted on arrival I had an hours nap before going into Georgetown (the part of Penage we are staying in).

As Nic wasn't feeling good, Jamila and I went out and looked at a Mosque - Kapitan Keling Mosque and went into Khoo Kongsi temple. Khoo Kongsi was beautiful, the detail in the design was amazing.

After this we went to the Chocolate Mansion for chocolate tasting - this was a complete let down, it was basically just a chocolate shop where you could try their chocolate, which wasn't even that good.

I went back to the hotel for a(nother) rest and then went out for dinner around 7. We went to this great place, would never have found it myself as it was behind a car park. This is the benefit of being on a tour as Tony has local knowledge of food places and places that are worth visiting. The food place consisted of around 15 stalls and all the food was cooked to order. I had prawn & chicken noodles and a huge orange juice (it turned out that a large wasn't a large glass, but pretty much a jug), the food here was delicious. We then went for a little walk, saw the Eastern & Orient hotel and then came home and watched a film.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.9kb