Day 10 - Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang
September 12th 2010
Published: September 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we caught a local bus out to Kek Loh Si temple. This was really big and absolutely stunning. We took an inclined lift upto the top to the statue of goddess Kuan Yin, it was huge and very impressive. From here we also got some great views of the island.

We then got a taxi to Penang Hill, with the view of taking the fenicular train up the hill, however it was closed, so we walked back to get a bus back to Georgetown.

The afternoon was a bit strange. When we got back to the hotel Nic realised that she didn't have her passport. We spent a good while looking for it to no avail. Tony and Nic then went off to the tourist police to report it missing and I went out for a walk. I walked to little India which was loud with Indian music and had food stalls, traditional Indian clothing shops and stall that decorated hands/feet with henna. I then walked back and along Penang road looking at the various shops and stall along the road.

By the time I got back to the hotel Nic was back and had a police report. After several discussion with Tony, he and Nic decided the best thing for Nic to do would be to go back to KL to get a temporary passport from the Embassy.

Once Nic's bus ticket back to KL was sorted we got a local bus up to the beach, Batu Ferringhi. We wandered along the night market which was great - with lots of pretty crafts being sold: like pictures and jewellery boxes as well as the usual fakes. We also ate at the beach at a hawker centre which was nice. Once we had finished the nightmarket we got the bus back & at around 11.30pm Nic left to catch her bus to KL.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb