Georgetown


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
January 15th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived this afternoon after wasting pretty much a whole day in Langkawi waiting to get the 2.45pm ferry to Georgetown. We took some pretty good pictures of the huge eagle though that starkly welcomes to you to the port.

We arrived in Georgetown on a FREEZING cold ferry; the air-con is good to some extent but when it's continually blaring for two hours it gets pretty cold! I felt really ill afterwards, and the soaring heat of Georgetown, although warming, did nothing but make me feel really feverish for a couple of hours.

We checked into a fairly clean and tidy Banana Guesthouse right in the traveller's district, and immediately set out for tea, where we visited Little India and ate very cheaply in a Chinese restaurant.

Tomorrow sees look at most of the sights of Georgetown, before we get on the bus that takes us right across the country to the east coast to Khota Bharu, where we'll begin our jungle journey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



15th January 2008

chinese food in little india" whats all that about" you look a little red kim, smother yourself in after sun eh?

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb