Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
April 18th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After discovering we had some extra time before heading to Singapore, (due to being kicked out of Thailand when our Visa expired after 30 days in the country) we thought why not stop in Malaysia... oh the conveniences of travelling!

We arrived at 5am in Kuala Lumpur and wandered the dark and desolate streets until we found a man who was not only able to speak english, but also very street savy. He directed us to Wheelers Guesthouse, which we had been loooking for. We got there, put our bags in storage and went to McDonalds for some comfort food waiting for a room to become availabe at 11am. We were also allowed to nap in the dorm room at Wheelers until a room opened up, very friendly receptionist.

Other than the Petronas Towers and the Menara Tower, we spent most of our time just wandering the streets of Chinatown, Little India and the Colonial District. Our most unexpected enjoyment was the Planetarium where we learned all about the universe, and even caught an i-Max style movie... nerds, we know, lol!


Additional photos below
Photos: 91, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Wheelers GuesthouseWheelers Guesthouse
Wheelers Guesthouse

They did an awesome job decorating this run down apartment!


18th April 2010

Hey toots, I love your photos. Question, what were you doing in that bag? It looked like you were standing up, yet sleeping. I love Paul's curly locks. You both look great. Those two huge towers attached by a bridge, were the ones I had on the computer screen.
19th April 2010

Great pics guys! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. uncle alex
20th April 2010

The bag was what astronauts sleep in; they sleep standing up! Those towers are called the Petronas Towers, very pretty and space age! Glad you enjoyed them!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb